'Da Boyz' Guestbook

Saturday, November 3, 2007

Visiting Norris in His New Home


Joel took me to Maryland to visit with Norris today. I know that his new family is taking good care of him, but I just needed to see how he was doing with my own eyes to give me peace of mind. It was a lovely drive from Pittsburgh. The horizon was beautiful with all of the colorful leaves on trees. The sky was a clear blue with swirly white clouds. This would have been a beautiful day for riding Charlie & Cutter on the trails, but seeing Norris at this time was more important to me. I'll have my riding time tomorrow. As we got closer to Maryland, we couldn't get over how green the leaves on the trees were. Also, fields with grass were still very green. His new home is just an hour away from Gettysburg. Oh, it was soooo good to see my Norris (even though he has moved on he'll always be My Norris)! When I called to him, he came out of his little barn to see me. Yes, the tears did fall when he came over to me, but they were happy reunion tears. I got lots of nuzzles & kisses. He is looking really good. His winter coat is coming in. He has a little hay/grass belly. His coat coloring is vibrant. This was the best decision that I could have done for him. He is getting fresh air, a field to run around in, a pasture friend, & a young girl to take care of him. We had a lovely visit with Sarah's grandparents. Her grandmother made a delicious apple pie which I was able to try. They told me that I can come & visit with Norris anytime. When Joel & I were ready to leave it was after sunset. I went to the paddock gate to say my good-byes. I called out to Norris, & Willow came over to see me. I turned away & started to walk toward the car & I heard a sound behind me. Norris had come up & put his head over the gate. I had tears falling while saying good-bye to my old friend. Be safe & well & I'll see you in the Spring!

Willow wanted to be in the blog, too.

Willow has Wobbler Syndrome. She cannot be ridden. They do not know how long a life span she will have. A 26+ yr. old Appaloosa retired trail horse gelding & a 3-yr. old mare can live out what time they have as companions for each other.

In the following 2 videos, you can see how the bonding between "new" owner & horse is starting.


12 comments:

Kapp pack said...

What a happy story! That's great you were able to visit with Norris and to see his new home!

Woo woo, Kelsey Ann

Lacy said...

woofies Cosi and Juneau, dose horses are bute ti ful....my mama luvs horses....

b safe,
;)lacylulu

Huskee and Hershey said...

This is such a happy story (although the part of you bidding farewell made my eyes water)...
Can't wait to hear about your 'reunion' in spring!!

The Daily Echo said...

Oh my! You can tell Norris has really bonded with his Sarah! You can see it in his eyes and he looks so relaxed. What an excellent choice! Little girls and their horses. Willow is so beautiful.
ECHO

The Husky in the Window said...

Oh we are so glad you had a good visit. And he has lovely little girl. We are so happy for you'all.

Husky Hugs, MayaMarie

Steve, Kat, & Wilbur said...

That's great that you gave that girl Norris and that you can still visit him!

Kat

Anonymous said...

Wow, what a great story!!! I love the way horses smell. There are some that live across from my house and I love when mom goes over there, pets then, then brings their lovely smell back into my house!

Hugs,
Sikta

Joe Stains said...

what a wonderful story! you are so lucky to be able to go and visit your Norris!

Maddox said...

Hiii... thanks so much for checking up on us. Mums has been so busy with the Boy and something called A Driver's Ed. Or maybe it a person, I don't know. Driver Ed? ANyway, she is mighty happy that there are only two more nights, and so are we! She CRATES us while she is gone!! Says she doesn't trust the fence but a man (maybe it is Driver's Ed?) is coming Friday to talk about a new fence for us.

Maddox who thinks the wobbly horse is very pretty!

Ferndoggle said...

Sounds like a great visit but the end made me get teary too!

Jen

IndyPindy said...

Great story! Norris is very handsome, and it's great that you got to visit him in his new home!

One Little Birdie said...

pretty horsies!